Saturday, December 29, 2012

Lots of Techniques + Gift Idea by Angel Rodrigue

Design Team member Angel Rodrigue is sharing several of the wonderful techniques that she used on her December kit project and layouts, plus another great gift idea!

Here's Angel...


To make the shingles on my Altered birdhouse I used a circle Punch and folded it in half and glued bottom half on roof . I punched out as many I needed to cover the roof.( The amount will depend on the size circle you used..) I glued them in a staggered effect to give it that demention I was looking for.



Was done using December LE Kit except for...(Bird House and Birds was purchase at Hobby Lobby) Lace was from my Stash..

---------------

I wanted to sparkle up the bow so I used Distress stickles Dry glitter and Glossy Accents...



Here is a close up...


---------------

The snow effect you see in this layout was used from a bottle Of Snow writer...


I loved the look it gives the trees...


I just used a paintbrush and dabbed from in the bottle of where I wanted my Snow..

---------------

Another Gift Idea is a altered Frame.. I got this at walmart for less than a dollar..


I used up stuff in the kit and added a pic of my mom to give to my Sisters.. A keepsake for them to put out ... here is what I did with mine.


I used the chipboard and ribbon lace from the kit. and the trim around the frame. Made little christmas ornament from the paper as well.



To make the ornament I use a circle punch and punched out two. I folded on in half and adhered it to the center of the first one. I also added glitter to them for some sparkle...

No comments: