Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Some CHA Photos Plus a Step By Step Layout Tutorial with Zoe

Guess who's at CHA ordering like crazy to bring us all of the coolest new products?!


Pam Rangel and Delaina Burns, of course!  Look how lovely they are together!!!  We all wish we could be there with them, but we know that they are getting us all of the latest and greatest for our kits.  YEA!!!


Next, we have a wonderful step-by-step tutorial from Design Team member Zoe Nemburt today!  Here's Zoe...

Hi Ladies, I have a step by step for a layout I created using the brand new and super gorgeous Carta Bella line. 

I'm using Carta Bella Damask as the background, with the sheet of paper named Chickadee cut 3 inches from two sides away from the bird though as he's pretty and we will use him in our design. 

Posted Image

With the 3x12 strip you just cut away punch 4 strips... or you can trim each edge with decorative scissors.

Posted Image

Optional - Ink all your edges. I use a ditress ink from Tim Holtz this colour is Pumice Stone.

Now we will attach the punched edges to the back of the 9x9 square leaving approximately 1/4 inch edge peeking from the back. Use a good glue or tape runner.

Posted Image



Posted Image

Next cut a 2 inch strip from the Stipes Paper and a 5x7 piece from the pink side. Ink edges if you wish.

Using stencils is a great way to fill a space or to create extra texture on your page. I do this before I glue anything downbut I use my pieces as a guide so I know I wont be covering everything up when I add my additional papers. To ink just hold your stencil in place with one hand and with your other hand using a ink applicator make small circular mothiong refreshing your ink applicator often.

Posted Image

with the 2 x 12 inch strip from the stripes paper tear almost an inch off from each end then glue down, then layer a 5x7 piece into the bottom right corner of your 9x9 piece and adhere

With the Cherish Paper cut out a border of 5 diamonds, Adhere a length of ribbon accross the length of the striped paper and then adhere the diamond border on top.

Posted Image

Next add your picture into the 5x7 space, and decorate as you wish ir copy the picture below. Also add a title for this one I used one of the included sticker "Beautiful Moments" and mounted it onto cardstock and then added it into place on my page.

Posted Image

4 comments:

Beth Woods said...

A great layout, wirh a couple of ideas I have never thought of! Thanks so much Zoe!

Jacqui said...

Happy shopping ladies.
great masking idea on your page Zoe

Grace said...

I know you girls are going to be bringing the best of the best of this CHA to us. Can't wait to see all the wonderful kits that will be coming. Have fun shopping. Also, love the layout from Zoe.

Izzy Anderson said...

Great tutorial, Kris. I need to remember to back my big squares with punched designs. That's a great look. Beautiful page.