Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Cut-out Layered Flower, Creative Use of Scalloped Stickers, and Lace Edging with Rachael

Hello everyone!  Today Design Team member Rachael Elliot is sharing THREE wonderful techniques!

Here's Rachael...

I created a really simple flower by hand cutting some elements from the July main kit..
I cut two of these shapes from the patterned paper and inked the edges with pink ink.

 Stick the two layers together.

Punch out a little circle, ink it emboss it and add it to the centre of the flower.

-----------------------------------
  
On this page I used the scalloped sticker around the edge of my photo....

I stuck the scalloped strip onto a piece of cardstock, cut it out and then cut it into sections - two scallops in each section. I both edges on a slant so that they were easier to fit around the circular photo.

----------------------------------- 

I love adding lace around the edges of my photos, it is really easy to do and adds a great detail. I think I have shown before how I have stitched it around but I don't always do it that way so here is how I do it without the use of a sewing machine...
Run some double sided tape around all the edges of the paper and pleat the lace around pressing it firmly into place.

Cut a piece of scrap cardstock slightly smaller than the paper you have stuck the lace to, add double sided tape right to the edge and press the down to secure the lace into place.

After you have built up the centre of the matted photo with scraps of paper to allow the lace to "float" on the page stick it onto the page. 

1 comment:

Marley said...

Wow! thanks so much for those amazing ideas.. Hugs Marley