Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Clean Scrapper's Use of Mists, Inks, and Paint

Hello everyone!  Today I (Design Team member Kris Berc) would like to share how even a mostly clean scrapper like myself can make use of mists, inks, and paint as I did on this layout.

Posted Image

Here are the supplies that I used.
Posted Image

These are the only 3 mists (Suede, Wild Currant, and Bubblegum) that I own. When I noticed how perfectly they matched the Carta Bella papers, I just had to use them! I simply sprayed each mist fairly lightly onto my layered background papers before I began embellishing.
Posted Image

Below is a better look at the sprayed mists.
I'd also like to show how I altered this beautiful raw chipboard shape.
Posted Image

These are the inks and paint that I used.
Posted Image

First I applied Aged Mahogany distress ink somewhat randomly on the chipboard, leaving some of it uninked.
Posted Image

Then I used Tattered Rose distress ink to fill in some of the previously uninked areas of the chipboard. I also randomly dabbed this color on top of some of the Aged Mahogany-inked areas.
Posted Image

Then I applied a layer of Rock Candy distress crackle paint all over the inked chipboard piece.
Posted Image
The result was perfectly coordinating added interest that was so simple to do that even a typically clean scrapper like me could do it... give it a try :)

1 comment:

Cindy Gay said...

A very "neat" job!