Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Meet Our September Guest Designers

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things...


What is it about 'favorite things' that makes a person feel like singing? Favorite things make us happy. They bring a smile to our faces. They delight. They're comfortable. So we at MCS wanted to bring back two of our favorite guest designers. Two wonderfully talented ladies that make us happy, that bring us smiles, who delight us with their enthusiasm and who are "comfortable"... in other words, a great fit at MCS.

So won't you join us as we, once again, welcome two of our favorite artists!

Jackie Anderson

I have lived most my life in the beautiful mountains and deserts of Utah where the landscape is as varied as the people are homogeneous. In my life I have been a SAHM to three little boys, a dog, three cats, two miniature bunnies, and a duck (all at once), a single working mom, and a working mom of a combined family that included his two teenage girls, my two teenage boys and my little tail ender son trailing five years behind; oh, and two cocker-spaniels and three cats!

I've worked as a GED teacher, an eighth grade English teacher, a newspaper reporter and spent one year as a VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) over-seeing the local chapter of our state’s Bringing Hope to Single Mom’s NPO. I am currently semi-retired, working half days as a classroom facilitator at the Utah State University satellite campus. I have been married to my dear sweetheart for fifteen years now. Our family continues to grow as we welcome daughters and son-in-laws. I am the grandmother of a nine-year-old girl and a two-year-old imp.

It was my brother who introduced me to the world of scrapbooking when an office staff member held a party in her home nearly fifteen years ago. I was hooked from the beginning, cutting all our family pictures into hearts, ovals, circles and stars with various deco edge scissors and plastering pages with adorable stickers. When I look at my pages now compared to then I am simply amazed at how far this hobby turned obsession has come.

Kim Arledge

My name is Kim Arledge. My family and I live in the big ol' state of Texas. I have 3 beautiful children and a husband who is pretty amazing. He puts up with me and my endless amounts of scrapbook purchases so he must be a good man!!!!

In 2006, I began to dabble with scrapbooking and quickly became obsessed. Over the past few years I have tapped into a part of myself that I did not even know I had and I am so thankful that I have found something that I am so passionate about. More importantly, I am creating memories for my kids to treasure for years to come. If you don't find me in my scraproom, you will find me online talking, researching, or obsessing about scrap stuff.

My scrapbooking style is still evolving because I am always up for new challenges. For the most part, I want my pictures to tell the story.

It is extremely exciting to be asked by Pam to come over and be a Guest Designer with all of the super talented ladies she has for her team. I am so very honored!!!!! Thanks to MCS, Pam, and the MCS DT for having me.


My Blog...
My Little Inspirations

No comments: