Monday, April 26, 2010

Life is full of challenges...

... and so is My Creative Scrapbook! Need a little help getting those creative juices flowing? Are you in a scrap rut, desperately wanting to break out? Or do you just want to create something amazing with all the pretty papers and embellies in your stash? Whatever the reason, we invite you to join in the fun! There are currently two challenges running on the MCS boards, and you're welcome to participate in one... or both!

The first challenge is being hosted by the amazingly talented, Delaina!

Color Combo Challenge

The idea of this challenge is to show me pics of your favorite COLOR COMBINATIONS. I love so many variations and it will be fun to see what you love as well.

Just a helpful hint from me... if I am choosing for a particular combination then I usually limit it to 4 colors. Sometimes I'll add white or black for a little extra contrast though.

So show us your layouts, cards and altered items! We can't wait to see!!

Here's the prize that Pam has generously provided for the challenge... RUB-ONS, CHIPBOARD, FLOWERS and BLING!!! Woo-Hoo!!


SO LET'S SEE THOSE AWESOME COLOR COMBOS!!!

Here's an example from me - Red-Green-Yellow-White. Loved this combo, for sure!!


Challenge ends May 10th.


And the other challenge is being hosted by the wonderfully creative, Patti!

No Patterned Paper Layout Challenge

I've been thinking (I know... that could be dangerous) and I thought it might be interesting to push our creativity and do a page without any patterned paper. I realize it may sound difficult to begin with. But think about it... stamps, embellishments, anything BUT patterned paper! I think it will be really fun! I invite everyone to play along to be entered into a drawing for an awesome prize package!

Here's an example:


The square of paper across the bottom was created with a shell stamp. The background and mat are cardstock, the title is a rub-on, the borders and shapes are stickers and I even added fiber!

Challenge ends May 10th.


So come join in the fun! All challenge projects can be uploaded into to the Contest Gallery at My Creative Scrapbook. Hope to see you and your creations there!

1 comment:

Jackie Anderson said...

Wow you guys, fantastic examples! Can GDTs play?