Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Creating with Claire using the September Main kit

 laire Hawkins: September 2024 Main Kit

Hello and welcome back to the My Creative Scrapbook Blog!

Today I’m sharing a colorful rainbow layout with you which was so much fun to make!

A scrapbook page with a rainbow and dog images

Description automatically generated

I selected 5 patterned papers from the kit – pink, red, orange, yellow and green and set about drawing a rainbow which had been inspired from one of the rainbow images in the cut apart papers included in the kit.

I didn’t quite draw a complete rainbow because I knew I wanted my photographs to sit an the bottom right edge.

I distressed the edges of each piece and adhered them to the center of my layout using foam.


A rainbow made of paper

Description automatically generated

Next, I double mounted my photos using a bold striped paper that pulls all the colors of the collection together, and the black and white stripe – helpful in grounding the layout and providing some separation from all the color.

I lay these, slightly overlapped, at the bottom of the layout and used stickers and ephemera to create the floral clusters.

A rainbow with pictures of dogs and flowers

Description automatically generated

The Sunshine title and coloured word stickers are also from the sticker pack, along with the cute purple camera.

A close up of a dog

Description automatically generated

For my main title, I created a large cluster on the left arch of the rainbow. I added the Reasons to Smile sticker on foam to create extra dimension, and finished it off with a few more florals from the ephemera and sticker packs.

A close up of a paper

Description automatically generated

And with that, the page was finished.

I love how the bold bright colors sit against clean crisp white cardstock, and I hope it’s given you some inspiration to get creative today.


Until next time, happy scrapping!

Claire xx

@scrappysoulmate


No comments: