Wednesday, August 14, 2024

The Best Day with Claire!


I have a fun layout share for your today, and this one is aimed at those of you who just love fussy cutting like me! It’s such a great way to stretch your kit and is a great opportunity to let your imagination run wild! 
The August Main Kit is a stunner – so many gorgeous patterns and bold colours. My eye was immediately drawn to the butterfly paper and I knew I wanted to cut them out to use as the base of my design. 
 

Using a piece of plain white cardstock as my base, I drew around a large circle to create a crescent template – you could use a compass or plate for this, just to give you a light pencil line to follow to create the curve.
Once this was in place, I started to position the butterflies, laying these loosely on the page to see where everything would sit. You’ll note they’re randomly placed, with butterflies heading off in all different directions as they would in real life I imagine.
 

Once I was happy with the placement, I added glue just to the body of the butterfly and curled the wings to stand proud from the page – mimicking butterflies in flight. 
I was careful to alternate different colours, patterns and sizes to help give more interest.
Once all the butterflies were in place, I fussy cut two tags from the tag paper and raised these on foam to help separate from the butterflies.
 

Given the layout has so many bold, bright colours, I opted to print my photographs in black and white, which along with the white space, gives your eye the chance to rest when looking at the layout.
 

I added some fun eyelets from my stash and some twine to each of the tags before adhering my photos.
I used the mini alphas from the kit to create a ‘Fun Times’ title which is placed on each opposite corner of the photos, and then added a small gold foiled title from the ephemera pack.  I really love the extra bit of shimmer this provides.
As a final touch, I sprinkled some black gems from my stash throughout the butterflies and that was the page complete!
I really do love this page. I hope it’s inspired you to get creative with your fussy cutting.

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Claire xx
@scrappysoulmate


This page has been super fun to create and I hope you’ve enjoyed the blog!
Until next month, happy scrapping!!
Claire xx
@Scrappysoulmate

No comments: