Saturday, August 17, 2024

Sketch fun with Maree!

Hi Creative friends,

Maree here, up on the blog today to share a layout using the August Main kit.  I also used the monthly sketch as inspiration for this layout. I loved all the fun bright colors in this kit and thought it worked well for a variety of pictures.


I thought this was such a fun sketch and I stuck to it pretty closely.


I started by printing my images in 2.7 inch squares and then cutting 3 circles that are just under 4 inches high.





I chose the fun text paper for my background. Next I cut some tags from the tags page and added eyelets and twine for detail. I cut some strips of mixed colored paper to add in behind the circles. I mounted my pics on the dark blue floral for contrast.


Then I started to assemble my 3 clusters by adding stitching, distressing the edges and adding embellishments.



I fussy cut the word Adventure for my title and used some of the rub-ons. (I added these to white card stock and fussy cut so I could put some foam dots underneath them for more dimension). My favorite element to the sketch was the buttons. I haven't used a button on a layout in years and I love how they look. I will have to do this more often!



I love how the layout turned out and hope some of you will try the sketch this month.

Have a crafty day.
Maree

No comments: