Monday, March 18, 2024

Tutorial with Claire!

Hello everyone,
Today I’m sharing a fresh spring layout with you using the March 2024 Main Kits, and I’m so ready for these beautiful pastel colours and brighter tones that signal the end of winter!
This month, I’ve opted for a half and half design that allows me to showcase that fun polka dot paper – I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it!
 

I cut a 5” strip and positioned it to the left of my page, layering a small piece (just over half an inch) of the teal script paper underneath to create a border between the two sections of the page.
Using two photos, I double mounted them with patterned paper from the kit and raised them on foam for dimension.
 

To help frame the photos, I created three small floral clusters.  There are so many embellishment choices in this months kit and I had a lot of fun choosing which pieces to use, mixing between the ephemera pack, foam stickers, cardstock stickers and florals from the Page Pieces pack.
 
By mixing the materials, I’ve been able to add extra interest, texture, tones and depth to each cluster which draws your eye into the photographs.

 
For extra height, I added two tags, fussy cut from the tag paper, picking out the pink and teal tomes to match the patterned paper and the pink in my photos.
 

For my title, I used an ephemera piece from the Page Pieces pack and complemented this with a smaller chipboard subtitle.




As a finishing touch, I added two beautiful butterflies – one from the ephemera pack and one fussy cut from patterned paper, and a dragon fly, again from the ephemera pack. I love the extra movement this gives to the layout and really adds that ‘spring is in the air’ vibe to the layout.


 
I hope you like how this one turned out.

I’ll see you next month with another layout. Until then – happy scrapping! 

Claire xx
@Scrappysoulmate

No comments: