Monday, August 7, 2023

MyCreativeScrapbook.com Crafting with Maree with the August Main kit

 


Hi Maree here with a blog post using the August Main kit from MyCreativeScrcapbook.com

Kits are for sale on the website. Buy and kit and join us to create today! buy kit here

I thought the main kit was so fabulous this month! The Simple Stories collection was so colorful.  I wanted to highlight the pretty tags paper and also include multiple photos for this layout. The colors in this kit are just so pretty but I wanted to focus on the blues, yellows and greens for this design, to tie in with my photos.  To begin with I printed my pics in a square format at 2.5 x 2.5 inches each.




Next I cut up the tag paper and distressed all the edges for dimension. I find that distressing the edges gives a lot of interest to the page and make it seem less ‘flat’. Then I added eyelets to each using my crop-a-dile tool. And then added some black and white twine to each tag. The twine gives a little feeling of movement.



I laid the tags out fairly symmetrically on the page, half facing up and half facing down. I mounted my pics on a simple charcoal colored cardstock to match the same black as the tag above. I offset my pics, 3 in row and put a little journaling underneath. I used the gorgeous “The little things” ephemera piece for my title and popped it up on some foam adhesive for interest.  



I finished off the page by embellishing with a few foam stickers, the butterfly and ‘here and now’ sentiment. Finally I added the sweet banner and words on the far right tag. These were at the bottom of the 12 x 12 sticker sheet. I always like to include a few sentiment words on my layouts!  I then added just a few white ink splatters. I love how this turned out and it is a simple design that came together really quickly.  If you like it too I hope you will try to scrap-lift it!


Have an amazing and crafty day. I hope you are loving this months kit!

Maree

No comments: