Sunday, April 23, 2023

Step by Step tutorial "Happy Little Moments" by Marie using April Main kit

 Hi everyone! Marie here! Today I’m sharing a layout created with the March Main Kit. For this layout I decided to focus on the striped paper from the kit and use it as the main feature on my page.


IMG_4509.jpeg

 

With the stripes going horizontally, I cut the paper at 7 inches. I then took a craft knife and cut part way along each stripe (about halfway). I used a small paint brush and rolled the cut end of the strips up finishing at different heights. I rolled them backwards so that you can’t see the other side of the paper (I just wanted to be able to see the rainbow colours). I then stuck this to the top of a piece of white cardstock. I used wet glue to secure the rolled paper.


IMG_4512.jpeg

 

For the cutfile, I chose ‘Happy Little Moments’ from Peartree Cutfiles (which is available to subscribers on the website). I backed it on the remainder of the striped paper making sure that the colours lined up with the stripes at the top of the page. I stuck this down with foam pads to give some dimension. I then tucked my photo in behind part of the cutfile. 


IMG_4515.jpeg

 

To embellish the page, I chose pieces which matched the colours of the stripes. These were from the chipboard elements and the ephemera pack. Most were added with foam pads for more dimension.


IMG_4513.jpeg

 

For a couple of finishing touches, I added some colour-matched sequins from my stash and some splatters of white paint. 


IMG_4508.jpeg

 

I hope you like my layout, and it inspires you to create too!

Happy Scrapping, 

Marie x

No comments: