Sunday, March 12, 2023

Claire Hawkins: March 2023 Main Kit

Hi everyone,   

It’s Claire here, and today I’m excited to share with you quite a simple layout, but I love how it turned out. It’s quite clean and crisp in design, but uses stencilling, pretty paper and embellishments from the March Main Kit which features Pinkfresh Studio Spring Vibes and is absolutely beautiful.



 I started with the stencil from the kit, lightly applying Distress Oxide ink with a dry stencil brush in Antique Linen, Worn Lipstick and Mowed Lawn, following a vertical line down the centre of the page.

I cut two triangles of patterned paper, offsetting these to sit alongside each other to extend the vertical design. 




 I cut my picture into a squared diamond shape and backed this with the green gingham patterned paper before raising it on foam and positioning centrally on top of my triangle segments.

To extend the vertical line down the centre, I added two small yellow strips of paper, cut from the Look for Love paper, before embellishing with floral pieces from the ephemera pack and some extra florals fussy cut from patterned paper.


 

To create a placeholder for my title, I added a tag, positioned vertically at the bottom of the design, and added the Lovely Day phrase along with a few extra florals to tie in with the rest of the design.

 



As a finishing touch, I added a few gems from my stash.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this blog post. It’s quite a simple page but I really like how all the elements in this kit tie together to create an impactful page with just a few pieces.

I hope you’ve been inspired and look forward to sharing more next month.

Take care,

Claire

@Scrappysoulmate


No comments: