Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Embrace Your Uniqueness & Create with Claire!

Hi everyone, and a very Happy New Year to you all!  

It’s Claire with you today and I’m sharing a really fun layout made with the January 2023 Main Kits which feature Vicki Boutin’s Print Shop.
This kit is so incredibly versatile as you’ll see from the DT Gallery and Designer blog posts – there’s really so much to inspire!
For this layout, I chose to focus on that gorgeous ledger paper with inked circles in the corner. It’s called Pencil Me In, and you probably know by now, I cannot resist a ledger paper!!

 
My main focus on this page is the Ledger Paper ‘Pencil Me In’, ‘Spon On’ Paper and the Journaling Ephemera Pack.
I cut a selection of the small circles from the Spot On paper and drew around each of them with a black Sharpie. 

 
I also made some dimensional circles by folding 3 in half and gluing them together – these add great texture and dimension to the page.
 


Once I knew roughly where the circles would sit, I started to layer pieces from the Journaling Ephemera to create an anchor for my photo to sit.  
I pulled out the pen, pencil and ruler and that fun notebook paper with lots of colourful swatches on it – it pulls all the colours of the circles together. I used these to create an ‘L’ shape before layering together the red frame and yellow pocket for my photo to sit on.

 

I backed my photo with a small piece of the black butterfly paper and distressed the edges for extra texture. I also added the black bulldog clip as an extra pop of black.
 

To create my title, I used a small chipboard sticker, the large ampersand and that fabulous create piece, both from the Journalling Ephemera pack to make a title that reads “Embrace your Uniqueness and Create”.

 
Once all pieces were assembled, with some glued flat and some on foam, I added in the smaller circles I had cut at the start of the process.  Again, I added some flat and some on foam to create extra interest.
 

As a final touch, I added some clusters of black Nuvo drops to replicate the black ink splatters on the ledger paper and drew some doodles coming from the pen and pencil for an extra bit of interest.

 
When I think about it, I really made this page a little backwards – I usually start with a photo, but these papers were so much fun to create with, I honestly didn’t have a plan. It really was a fun play session which resulted in this layout, and I absolutely love it – It seems quite fitting for the creative theme of the layout.
I hope it inspires you to create and enjoy these beautiful kits from My Creative Scrapbook.
Best wishes, until next time.
Claire
@Scrappysoulmate

No comments: