Monday, December 12, 2022

Warm Wishes with Claire!

Hello, 

Claire with you today sharing a very wintery and festive page made with the December 2022 Main Kits – wow – these kits are amazing and a great way to finish off the year!
There is a beautiful woodgrain paper included in the kit and I just had to use it for my base, as today I’m scrapping a photo of a visit to Christmas Markets in Dublin, Ireland a few years back. The rustic feel from this paper is perfect.
 Hello, 
Claire with you today sharing a very wintery and festive page made with the December 2022 Main Kits – wow – these kits are amazing and a great way to finish off the year!
There is a beautiful woodgrain paper included in the kit and I just had to use it for my base, as today I’m scrapping a photo of a visit to Christmas Markets in Dublin, Ireland a few years back. The rustic feel from this paper is perfect.
 



I started by drawing half a circle in pencil in the corner of my design. To get the circle, I drew around an old piece of card I have, but it’s about the size of a dinner plate which would make a great template! 😊 
Once I had the pencil outline, I added two rows of machine stitching in white thread – this helped to give definition to the shape, and also made it easier to see the line when positioning my leaves.


 Once I had worked out the placement of the leaves and photo, I added some gesso to the page, following the line of stitching. I blended it out towards the edges with my fingers, creating a snowy ‘haze’ at the bottom of the wreath, and around my photo.


 Next, to create the leaves! I used one of the green puffy stickers (that you can see in the picture above) as a template and drew around it on one of the dark green patterned papers. I made about 12 in total.
 

I lay each of them on a messy mat, adding some glossy accents and ultra-fine glitter to help the leaves sparkle, and left them to dry for about 20 minutes.
In the meantime, I cut some small floral clusters from the pink floral patterned paper, ready to add into the wreath.
 

Once the leaves were dry, the layout came together really quickly. I followed the line of the stitching bending and curling each leaf when putting it into position. Again, I used Glossy Accents to adhere them, adding glue only to the bottom of the stem so the leaves could stand a little proud from the page. I also added in the two puffy sticker leaves that I had used as my templates.
 

I mounted my photograph on a piece of the pale blue snowy paper, and added tissue paper to the back to echo the snowy, cold feel. 
 

I added some gold splatters to bring a little warmth, along with some snowflakes from the puffy sticker sheet. My title also comes from these stickers, positioned above and below the photo to act as an extra frame.
 


These kits are so beautiful – full of traditional reds, greens and gold, but also some blue and pink that are perfect for winter picture and contemporary colour palettes. 
I’d like to say a huge thank you for all your likes, comments and support throughout this year. I wish you all a very happy Holiday season, and look forward to seeing you all next year! 
Claire
@Scrappysoulmate


 



No comments: