Friday, November 11, 2022

Home For Christmas with Claire!

Hello, it’s Claire here today, sharing a very festive layout made with the stunning November 2022 Main Kits.

I am a real sucker for festive layouts. I love everything about the season and am very traditional in my colour choices. I love nothing more than red, green and gold at this time of year. However, I surprised myself, as I was immediately drawn to the black and white plaid paper, and some of the more rustic tones.


As usual, I started with plain white cardstock to give my page a clean, crisp feel.
To anchor my design, I cut two circles from the plaid paper (roughly 6” and 3.5”). I positioned the smaller circle on the top right, and the large one bottom left, sticking them both flat to the page, with the edges overlapping the page and trimmed off. 
Next, I backed my photo using the red polka dot paper, just for a small pop of colour behind my picture.

 I sorted through the ephemera packs and pulled out two poinsettia flowers. The largest flower forms the main cluster at the top of the circle, raised on foam for definition.
Once in place, I added a chipboard banner and some black fussy cut leaves from the patterned paper pack.
 
Along the bottom of the page, I wanted to extend my design. Using a tree, the deer and those adorable houses from the ephemera pack, I created a horizontal line. I backed the houses in gold mirror card from my stash and raised them on foam.
To add a little extra texture, I sprinkled some sequins from my stash, along with some white pearlescent Nuvo Dops underneath the houses to replicate snow. I really love how that turned out! I’d definitely use that again on my festive pages.

Underneath my photo, I wanted to echo the red flower. I found some foliage and a small poinsettia in the ephemera pack and cut the flower in half (I kept the remainder as it was the perfect pop of red to the top cluster). I also used the round ‘25’ tag as this helped echo the circular elements of the design and ties in the rustic tones of the page.
 

Next, up to the top of the layout, and the smaller circle. I added a tag from the ephemera pack and threaded some bakers twine from my stash to create the bow. I also layered a small label on top to house my journaling, and added some holly leaves and a small flower for that extra pop of red.
 

I couldn’t help but feel the two main elements needed joining together, so I took out the star stencil and drew some stars between the two clusters using a pencil. It was exactly what the page needed to bring it all together, and was so quick and simple to do.
As a final finishing touch, I added a small bit of extra sparkle (well, it is a Christmas layout, right?!)  I added some Nuvo Drops around the circles and sprinkled a few sequins, both from my stash.
I am thoroughly enjoying using this kit – It really does make my heart happy. I hope it’s given you some inspiration for your festive projects.
See you in December with another amazing kit!
Claire
@Scrappysoulmate

No comments: