Friday, July 8, 2022

Grow with Claire!


Hi everyone!

It’s Claire here, sharing a layout made with the July Main Kit, featuring Simple Stories Full Bloom.

I decided to title my layout ‘Grow’. Although the photograph shows me walking through the countryside, the layout isn’t related to gardening at all. For me, it has a much broader, more personal meaning as I start to experience new chapters, and I thought it would be perfect to show the versatility of this collection – it can be applied to so many different stories.

 




I started with a piece of textured white cardstock and positioned that gorgeous striped paper on either side of my page. I was immediately drawn to the Tags, cutting a whole row, and laying them along the right-hand side of the page. For extra texture I added some eyelets from my stash.

 


I repeated the paper strips on the opposite side of my page, making these slightly thinner to create scale and balance.

For my design, I wanted to feature two distinct clusters – top left and bottom right, where my photo sits. I double matted the photo to echo the orange and green tones in the papers, and popped it up on foam pads for dimension.

Around the photo, I added some floral elements from the chipboard sheet and foam stickers which I love! You only need one or two to make a real statement.

 


I used the large Grow title from the foam stickers. It also has the green and orange tones which helps bring the page together. I let the title overlap the photo to create a sense of belonging, and make sure the title wasn’t ‘floating’ independently on the page.   I also added a few stickers as subtitles above.

 


In the top left corner, I created my second cluster, using elements from the chipboard and sticker sheets.

 



At this point, although I liked the design, the middle section seemed a little bare. I decided to fussy cut some of the large daisies from the ‘Scatter Sunshine’ paper and absolutely love the extra interest, texture and dimension this brings. I only added glue to the middles of the flowers, so the petals are free to move.

 


I hope this project inspires you to create with the July kits – until next time, happy scrapping!! 

Claire xx

@Scrappysoulmate



No comments: