Thursday, July 28, 2022

Adventure Explore with Claire!

Hi everyone,

Claire here today (@scrappysoulmate), sharing this fun page made with the August 2022 Main Kit which features Maggie Holmes Round Trip collection.

 



I adore a travel collection so decided to have a lot of fun with this one. Included in the kit, is a fabulous stamp set from Echo Park. I was immediately drawn to the circular stamp which says “Let’s Go on An Adventure” – It’s certainly a phrase authentic to me, and travel is something I missed so much during the pandemic.

 


I started with a piece of plain white cardstock and worked out the positioning of my stamps so that I could create three apertures across the page using my Cricut. 

The apertures measure just under 3” each, which the stamp fits around perfectly. 

 


Once the apertures were cut, I stamped the circular sentiment around each one in black ink. 

To create depth, I added foam tape to the back of the page, before adding a strip of the “Passage” paper underneath to provide a real pop of colour.

I created clusters in each aperture, using a combination of fussy cut tickets, stickers, and chipboard pieces.

 


To create my title, I used the arrow stamp to link the circular apertures to the title, which was made up of the Adventure and geotag stickers and another of the stamps in the set that says, “Explore your world.”

 



For extra interest, I wanted to create an extra cluster in the bottom left corner. As there is quite a bit of blue in my photographs, I opted to fold the page back to reveal a strip of the “Lets Go” paper and I love how this turned out!

 


I embellished with a fussy cut tag and some chipboard stickers to reinforce the travel theme. As a finishing touch, I punched the folded edge of white cardstock with a notebook punch, and that was the page complete!

Creating with this wonderful kit has made me realise just how much I love the effect stamping brings to a page, especially when combined with such pretty papers and embellishments.


I hope it inspires you to add stamping to your layouts too.


Enjoy!

Claire

@Scrappysoulmate


No comments: