Monday, May 16, 2022

Wonderful with Rebeca!

Hi!

How are you? Hope you are doing great and having a wonderful day! I'm back today in the blog with a second layout using My Creative Scrapbook May 2022 Main Kit which features the beautiful Splendid collection by Paige Evans. I titled this layout "Wonderful" and I love how it turned out. This page is full of texture and details. Stay with me during this post while I explain how I made it.

                              

For this layout, I used a white cardstock as the base. I started this layout by cutting apart the striped paper and reduced each of the stripes to 1 1/4" x 12", then distressed the edges and added them to the white cardstock, leaving a bit of space in between each stripe, approximately 1/8". To secure the stripes and for more visual texture, I stitched the top and bottom edge of each stripe using white thread. After that, the background was ready!

  


To mat the photos, I cut three tags from the paper and added the 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" photos which were printed with a white border. 



 Behind the tags, I added foam tape  and embellished using white thread and a bow. Now is time to embellish. For that, I started by adding the banners to the middle tag. The banners were fussy cut from one of the papers.


 


Then, I fussy cut flowers and butterflies from the papers and added to the layout using foam tape. I created three small floral clusters around the photos to make them pop from the background.



 Also, I added three puffy gold hearts and two words from the titles pack in the photos.

 

 



For the title, I used the word "Wonderful" which is very colorful, but stands out on the green stripe.


 



The biggest flower was added in between two of the tags in the bottom area, to balance the layout. Finally, I added a few tiny flowers that I fussy cut from the paper. I know this is crazy, but I love fussy cutting and adding small details to my projects. To finish the layout, I diluted white acrylic paint in water and, with a brush, made splatters around the clusters.


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!


 


No comments: