Saturday, May 21, 2022

Step by Step with Claudia!


Hello friends, after some fasting from social media and travelling through Europe, I am back with a new layout I would like to share with you today:


I created this layout with the My Creative Scrapbook May creative kit. As you may know, I usually don’t gravitate towards pastel-coloured designs, but the Simple Stories papers and embellishments inspired me to use my daughter’s photo as a beach bridesmaid. But let’s get started with the creative process:

First, I prepped my white cardstock with some mint green water colouring in the centre part of the page as I wanted to place my photo there. I then used a stencil from an older MCS kit to mimick some water drops and splatters also in a light green.

Next, I started matting my picture with vellum and a card panel featuring die cut flowers which I pulled out from my stash as it had the mint green and lovely blue shade from my daughter’s dress in it. I stuck it down on top of the green prepped background and added two tags cut out from one of the papers.

Following this, I used a circle punch in two different sizes and punched out white circles and bigger ones from the lovely green wavy paper in the collection. As I always strive to add dimension to my designs, I found an embossing folder which I used to emboss the white circles. I then backed the two green circles with them. I tucked in these ‘matted’ circles on two opposite diagonals while adhering the other circles on the top and bottom of the page.

 



After this, I started to embellish around the photo by using the ephemera from the kit and some fussy cut flowers too. Luckily, I had a matching stamp set from Simple Stories in my stash, so I could add some stamping in a grey shade both on the white circles and also very subtly on the background. I also decided to fussy cut some shells and popped them up with foam dots to nestle them from top to bottom in a wave pattern. I thought they would complement the beach theme.


                     

Finally, I used some older thickers in a light pink and small alphas to frame the title around the left side of the photo:

And this completes the layout, my crafty friends. I so enjoyed working with this kit; if you like, check out my IG profile @creativeccr to see more of my layouts featuring this awesome kit from @My Creative Scrapbook.


No comments: