Wednesday, May 25, 2022

So Wonderful with Rebeca!

 Hi!

How are you? I'm very happy to share with you my fifth layout using My Creative Scrapbook May Main Kit. This was a quick and easy layout that turned out adorable. Let's talk about how I made it!
 

When I was in my desk planning this layout, I looked at the kit to see what I had available and noticed the 2" x 2" squares paper was intact so I decided to create a layout using it. This is when I grabbed my hexagon punch and started cutting them from the squares. I select the patterns I liked the most, approximately 18 hexagons.

 


Then, I cut a 10" x 5" piece of the yellow paper. I added the paper to the white cardstock and on top added a thin strip of the green, stitched paper, and a scalloped border I punched from one of the bar code strips.


 Once the papers were in place, I added the photos and started playing with the hexagons to find the right spot for them. When I was satisfied with how they looked, I added them to the layout, but in some of them I used foam tape to add dimension and interest to the layout. After looking at the layout, I decided to reduce the white cardstock to 11" x 11" and mat it with a yellow cardstock to give it a more balanced look. Also, I added a pink stitched border around the white cardstock.


 

To finish the layout, I embellished it using fussy cut flowers that I had ready (I fussy cut the whole floral paper when I received the kit). I added some of the flowers with foam tape and some fussy cut birds and butterflies from one of the papers, and used them to create three clusters around the layout.

 


Then, I added the title from the foam pack and a chipboard border.

 


At the end, I added a few Nuvo Drops around the page.

 


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft!

No comments: