Thursday, March 3, 2022

Right Here with Claire!


Hi everyone!

Claire back here with you today, sharing my favourite layout made with this month’s fabulous February Main Kit which features Vicki Boutin Fernwood.

                                   

I started with a 12x12 piece of white cardstock. I trimmed about an inch from 2 sides on a angle, and punched down the right hand side of the page with a notebook punch before mounting on a piece of Kraft cardstock.

I drew a circle, roughly 8” in size from the ‘b’ side of the Time Block paper and laid this on top of a larger circle (roughly 9”) from the ‘b’ side of the Happiness Blooms paper.

I stuck these flat to the page so the edges of the circle are off the page in the top right corner. This formed my anchor for the design.

                                         


Next, the fun part! I fussy cut circles from the Full Circle paper – my absolute favourite in this collection. I took 3 circles, folded them in half and then stuck each side together to create this 3D effect.

 


I positioned these where the green and blue circle mats meet, creating an extra layer of definition. 

 



I left a gap in the middle to position my circular photograph and set about embellishing.


I took some large ephemera pieces and this beautiful vellum tag from the Journaling Ephemera, which I backed on plain white card to give it a little extra strength.

 


I curled the edges of the ephemera pieces to create some depth, and added a magnifying glass from the Beautiful Day Icon Thickers as a little extra touch.

 


I added a few extra ephemera pieces to the left of my photo along with some leaves from the Puffy Phrase Sticker Sheet, and fussy cut flowers to the right.


In the bottom left corner, I created a final cluster, using a mixture of the Icon and and Journaling Ephemera packs, and a cardboard sticker saying ‘Chase Your Dreams’ from the Beautiful Day Icon Thickers. 

 


For my title, I added ‘Right Here’ and a wavy gold arrow from the Stories of Us Puffy Phrase Thickers. As a final touch, I added my journaling, following the outer circle of my design.


I hope you like this page and is has inspired you to create. I have had an absolute blast documenting stories with this month’s stunning kit – it is bursting with so many wonderful elements – it’s been a real joy.


See you next month.


Claire xx


No comments: