Saturday, October 16, 2021

Step by Step process tutorial by Monique- My Creative Scrapbook


Hello My Creative Scrapbook fans! It's Monique here today sharing how I created my layout "Pumpkin Spice and all things nice". I used the October Creative Kit featuring the "Welcome Autumn" collection from Carta Bella, which I totally adore! Maybe it's because Fall is my favorite season, but I find the colors in this kit amazing!

Here's the layout I created:

I started with unpacking the kit.


and cutting one of the free subscriber cut files from a sheet tangerine colored cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo:


Next I decided on a background paper (Pumpkin Patch Picks) for the white cardstock and I chose and matted two photos:


Using the inside pieces from the cut file I cut around the letters using various patterned papers from the kit:


Using a glue pen with a fine tip I adhered the patterned papers behind the letters of the cut file:


Which then looked like this:


I decided to use a different patterned paper for each of the words and for the pumpkin as well:


I really love the result! The Fall colors and patterns in this kit are just so awesome!

The rest of the page came together so easily. I adhered the with background cardstock (11.5" x 11.5") on top of the (12" x 12") orange chequered paper. The cut file was adhered on top of the white cardstock with the two matted photos above it. Placing some die-cuts and stickers around the photos and a bit of journaling at the bottom, my page was almost finished. What was missing was the machine stitching and the few drops of paint of course! After adding that as well, my page was done! 

Here are a few close-up photos:




Thank you so much for stopping by the blog today! I hope I've been able to inspire you to use the October Creative Kit! 


For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook website and if you want to see the photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kits, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Wishing you a wonderful day! 

xxx Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog / Pinterest

No comments: