Saturday, January 23, 2021

Magic with Michelle!

Hi, I'm Michelle and I'll show you today in my tutorial how to easily create a colorful Layout. This Layout is based on the amazing January scrapbooking kit from my creative Scrapbook.

 

You will need:

My creative Scrapbook Kit January

Photo

Scissors

Glue

Bakers Twine

piece of white card stock (I work here in 8 "x12", you can also do the layout in 12"12")

Foam pads (optional) with it you achieve a better three-dimensional optics

 

 


Step 1 - Design background

Take your stencil and spray and create a base for your layoutYou can put the stencil on it, spray the paint on - or you can also use the leftover paint on the stencil like a stamp to get different patterns.

  


Step 2 – make it colorful J

Then cut out strips of different widths from the many colorful papers included in the scrapbooking kitIf you likeyou can also fold and / or glue individual strips on top of each other to get more three-dimensionality. I have done so with the blue stripYou can also wrap the paper strip around a pen or your little finger to make it curl. I did this on the left outside with a paper stripGlue all your strips with some space between each strip.

 


Step 3 - Photo cluster

 

In case of very colorful and contrasty backgrounds, I usually create the photo cluster separately. Take the photo in your hand and glue it on a colorful backgroundThen take different embellishments or paper scraps, tags, cards and glue them step-by-step under the photo. I used a card with a saying cut out of the papers included in the scrapbooking kitthen used it with a tag (also included in the kitand a butterfly cut out of the papers. After that, I added an embellishment in the shape of a backpack in front of the photowhich I also cut out of a paperIf you want you can still attach a piece of Twine to the tag.

 


Step 4 - Title

 

Stick your desired title on the layout. I used an embellishment from the scrapbooking kitThen combined with a cut out design from a paper.

 


Step 5 - Build a bridge between photo and title

 


Now glue on your photo clusterFill the gap between the title and the photo with embellishments. I cut out my embellishments from the papers included in the scrapbooking kit.  Then add more embellishments until you like your layout.

 

wish you a lot of fun while redesigning my layoutIf you have any questionsI'll be there for you and I'm always happy to receive your feedback.

 

Michelle

 

No comments: