Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Mixed Media Layout wit Claudia


Hello crafters, today I would like to comment on my mixed media layout. As you know, I love to incorporate different techniques on my layouts, so let’s get started:


For this design, I decided on a monochromatic approach as I wanted to focus on the greens in this kit. I prepped the page with an array of green acrylic colors by applying brushstrokes across a white page. After it had dried, I added watercolor splatters in black and white.


I then went ahead and punched out lots of flags, again making sure to stay within my monochromatic color of choice. I arranged the flags in three groupings across the page while arranging several rows on top of each other to add dimension to the layout. As it is a mixed media page, I allowed myself the addition of a few green ribbons for added texture. When I was happy with the placement, I sewed everything on with black thread.


After this, I chose color coordinated ephemera from the kit including black ones which count as neutral (I hope). I printed out a photo in black-and-white and added the title, a nice green puffy sticker. Before I stuck down the photo, I adhered half of a chipboard frame from the collection to it. I then added more flags to the right side of the photo until I liked the look.


At last, I tucked in some puffy holly leaves stickers around the layout as well as some gold accents. After I finished my journaling, I felt something was missing, so I added the big golden snowflake next to it. I hope you like my mixed media page. See you soon!