Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Festive Layout with Michelle!

 Hi, I'm Michelle and I'll show you today in my tutorial how to easily create this   festive Layout.



 1 preparation:

This Layout is based on the gorgeous scrapbooking kit from my creative Scrapbook.

 

You will need:

My creative Scrapbook Kit December

Stencil from my creative Scrapbook Kit November

Distress Crayon (or Watercolors, Sprays, Ink Pads..) and Dauber or Brush

Photo

Scissors

Glue

Bakers Twine

piece of white cardstock (I work here in 8 "x12", you can also do the layout in 12"12")

Foampads (optional) with it you achieve a better three-dimensional optics

Optional: Breads or Enamel Dots

 

 

Step 2 Envelope and Background


First of all I designed an envelope. This is very easy - cut a paper strip in 9 "x3" format
Fold it outside on both long edges at
0.5" and then fold again across the width at
4" and 8 
For the 1" high flapcut away the side parts.
Fold the long side parts in and glue them together

Now you have a nice envelope in which you can also put a noteIf you punch/cut two 

circles with a circle punch (or by hand), you can stick them slightly raised with a 3D adhesive pad on the envelope and on the flap (outside - not visible in the picture). You can close the envelope with a piece of twine. But on the layout I glued it open. 

It looks nice if you put an Enamel Dot or a Brad on the closure as decoration

Now I use the stencil from the last kit again. I find it so fantastic and it fits perfectly not only for autumn but also for Christmas. With a Distress Crayon, a Dauber and the stencil I now design the backgroundAlternatively you can use 

watercolorssprays or other colors



Step 3 Start creating:

Now glue the envelope to the paper. After that your photos will followGlue them only in the middle and partly raised for a 

three-dimensional look



Step 4 photo and title cluster


Think about the title and glue it on. I simply chose the small envelope with "Dear Santa" and stuck it behind a photo. This title fits perfectly with the story my layout wants to tellMy kids are in the process of 

creating their wish list for Santa in the photos





Step 5
The layout now makes a somewhat empty impression. The whole photo cluster will now be completed with paper scraps that I put under the 

photos and stickers that I stick next to and over the photos





Step 6

The central element is now finishedNow I cut paper strips to sizewhich I stick on the top and bottom of the photoTo give it a more playful look I tear the strips by

 hand

Now I take my stickers and embellishments again and complete the whole layout with

 them

The rosettes are simply made with a zigzag folded paper strip. I have completed them with a brad

hope you enjoyed this tutorialPlease leave me your questions and remarks as 

comments I am looking forward to your feedbackHave fun with your creative work.




No comments: