Monday, November 23, 2020

No Fuss Layout with Claudia!

Hello fellow crafters, have you ever wondered what to do with all those lovely little tags and word cut-outs that you sometimes get on a sheet of a kit? Well, the new MCS November Main Kit makes it easy to create a beautiful no-fuss layout with one or more photos.
As you can see, I took the Jen Hadfield sheet from ‘The Avenue’ collection and cut out all these lovely words and a series of small strips in coordinating papers which I crumpled up a bit for some added texture. Then I took my photo, placed it right in the middle of the neutral wood-grain paper and started arranging all the cut-outs and strips on the page until I liked the look. I glued the strips in place while bending them up a little and sewed the word cuts on. You will notice that I left the threads long as I was going for a cozy feel. 
After this process, I still had some bare spots here and there which I filled in with some of the stamps that come with the kit. Following this, I added a few puffy stickers and the title chipboard ‘hello fall’ by Simple Stories as well as some ephemera. I added the white puffy stickers from my stash to complete the title, added some journaling, a date stamp and the page was done. I hope this layout inspires you to try some quick cutting yourselves. Happy fall!





No comments: