Monday, October 19, 2020

Step By Step with Claudia Ressier!

Hello paper crafters, I would like to talk about a layout featuring the gorgeous papers by Maggie Holmes and Crate Paper of the October main kit. With an exclusive backed cut file, the design came together easily.

First, I took white cardstock and prepared the distress oxide color background in the colors of the fall-themed papers I chose. I also added a few stamped details for added texture. The paper with the endless rows of houses on it spoke to me first, so I started fussy cutting several houses in different colors as well as some tiny trees from this paper.

Next, I chose a gardening photo that ties in nicely with the theme of staying home. After I had adhered and popped up the cut file to the middle of the page, I tucked in the photo to the left. Then came the fun part of gluing down the fussy-cut houses in groups, some of which I also popped up for dimension. You will see that I created a visual triangle by placing the houses in three different parts of the layouts.

I then added a few chipboard elements and ephemera around the title and the photo. Finally, I adhered the plastic word ‘forever’ underneath the big cut file title, which I then tied in with two groups of black enamel dots. Oh, and did you notice the two tiny dogs which I punched out from the same paper?


No comments: