Friday, September 18, 2020

Process with Michelle!

Hi, I'm Michelle and I'll show you today in my tutorial how to easily create a colorful scrapbooking birthday layout. This Layout is based on the amazing scrapbooking kit from my creative Scrapbook.

 You will need:
My creative Scrapbook Kit September
Photo
Scissors
Stapler
Glue
Washi Tape or black pencil
1 piece of white cardstock (I work here in 8 "x12", you can also do the layout in 12"12")
Foampads (optional) with it you achieve a better three-dimensional optics
Optional: paper clip



Step 1: Preparation

Choose 3 different papers from the great selection, which stand out well against each other in terms of colour or subject.
For a better orientation I indicate the color of the papers I have used for each paper size I work with the size A4 (21.9x29cm), the dimensions for the lettering format should only differ slightly.
If you want to change the layout to 12" x12", replace all the length measurements (the last) from 9"/23cm to 11"/28cm


Cut out the following paper strips:

1x 7.5“x 9“ (19cm x 23cm) (green)

1x 1“x 9“ (2.5cm x 23cm) (rose)
1x 2“x 9“ (5cm x 23cm) (rose)

2x 1“x 9“ (2.5cm x 23cm) (white)



Step 2: Flowers

You can cut out flowers from the papers included in the scrapbooking kit. I have cut out the darker flowers. The lighter flowers are a die cut part that is also included in the kit.

Arrange the paper strips and the flowers and then glue them together. For the upper white paper strip I turned over the border. For the paper strips at the lower border I folded a corner and fixed it with a stapler.


Step 3: Photo and Title

Take your photo(s) and stick it on the large green area. You can also glue it in the middle and frame it later by Embellishments. I have attached it to the left side. Since I used two photos, I added a frame (sticker) to one photo to make it stand out better.

My title consists of 2 tags that are included in the scrapbooking kit. To make them stand out a bit more I decorated the rose paper border with a piece of Washi Tape. As an alternative to tape you can also use a black pencil to create a nice edge.

The two tags are glued together with foam pads and a piece of twine holds them together.


Step 4: Embellishments

The rich scrapbooking kit contains many stickers, which you can now arrange as a cluster next to the photo. I also cut out a star and folded the edges to get a better three-dimensional look. Below the photo I have added some more gifts (stickers). 2 golden stars complete the layout.
If you work on 12" x 12" you can cut out several stars - maybe in different sizes to create a bigger embellishment cluster.

At the end I added a paper clip in form of a 6 to the photo, because my little one celebrated his 6th birthday.

I hope you liked my layout. I am always happy about questions and feedback. Have fun designing and all the best

Michelle

3 comments:

Qasim Khan said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot. Peaky Blinder Costumes

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting very useful tips! I found your website perfect for my needs.I always like your article Assignment Editing Services

New Year 2021 Wishes said...

I hope to give something back and aid others like you aided me. Happy wishes For You