Sunday, August 16, 2020

Layout Tutorial by Claudia!

Hello crafty friends,
When I spotted this gorgeous black-and-white leaves paper by Pink Paislee, I immediately knew that I wanted to use it as a background for a ‘jungle’ layout. As I wanted to place the photo in the middle, I decided to prime the middle round of the paper with some white gesso. After it had dried, I added some green and yellow watercolor.

The kit came with many black stickers by American Crafts, and I thought to arrange them in a round pattern, making sure not to cover up too much of the lovely paper. When I liked the look, I ran my sewing machine over a few times in circles.

Next, a photo of my summer garden was matted on a black-and-white flowery paper and edges torn. I punched a few circles in different sizes from different patterned papers to house two of the parrot stickers which I loved so much. I finished with the title in brown thin cardboard while cutting three smaller flags out of a large one. I added some more word stickers in shades of green around the page. Finally, I did some journaling to the left, again in a circle manner.

I like the jungle feel of the page and hope I managed to inspire you a little.


No comments: