Friday, October 25, 2019

Quilt Inspired Layout with Yvette!

Hi, My Creative Scrapbook fans! It's Yvette here, with a Quilt - Inspired layout. Here's the layout I created....


I choose a Quilt image I found on Pinterest, as my inspiration, and used it to create a string art background for this layout.         



Step 1:  I started by using a large plate as a template to draw a circle. 


Step 2:  Fussy cut the small triangles from patterned paper 24.     


 Step 3:  Using the circle as a guide, I glued the triangles in place by slightly overlapping each one, until the circle was completed.     


Step 4:  Punched the holes using a paper piercer, one in the center of the circle and the others, along the inside area of the triangles were I have the arrows indicate in the photo above. Starting from the center for the circle with your floss/thread and then over to the opposite side. Continuing with this process until the entire inside of the circle is covered.     


Step 5:  Create a second circle of fussy cut triangles, and repeat the same process from step 4.  Once this was finish I felt like something was missing, so I decided to add some back stitching around the perimeter before adhered it to the larger circle.     



Step 6:  At this point I added my photo and title.  


Once my title and photo were in place, I created a couple clusters of layered embellishments using the beautiful floral die cuts, as well as a few fussy cut pieces. Some of the embellishments were added with foam tape to create extra dimension.   
  

A couple of close-ups.....




I hope you like this page and it has inspired you to create your own!

Thanks for stopping by :) xx 

If you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!



No comments: