Thursday, October 31, 2019

Mad for Plaid with Zelda!


Hi everyone, today I am sharing a layout I created using the October Creative kit Mad for Plaid by Photo Play Paper.

  We recently took a family road trip to the valley to visit Dakeyne Farms, we brought a picnic lunch, flew some kites and wandered through the beautiful sunflower maze. It was such a wonderful day and we had lots of fun. I chose to scrapbook a picture of my daughter standing in a field of sunflowers and immediately I wanted to create my own sunflower. I sketched a sunflower onto plain printer paper. I then matted the picture with an ephemera frame and the torn edge of a paper bag placing my picture onto the sketch to the bottom right so I could mark around the picture where I wanted it to be placed on the sunflower.
I picked out the patterned papers for all the petals, leaves and the center of the sunflower.
On the sketched sunflower I numbered each petal and leaf as I was paper piercing and cutting them out. I did this so I would be able to glue them in the correct order on the background. For the center of the flower I used my cuttlebug and a scalloped circle die.


I was left with a pile of petals and leaves to be put together but not before I chain stitched around each one.

 I glued the sunflower together on the burgundy patterned paper which I fussy cut all around leaving a burgundy bordered edge around the sunflower which stood out nicely on the cream cardstock background.
 I placed the sunflower to the top left and added the picture to the bottom right. I decided to add a couple strips of paper on the left vertical edge of the layout. One strip I had used a scalloped border punch.
To the bottom right I added a smaller horizontal cluster of strips of paper, again using the same border punch. I added some stickers and the vellum title along with some nuvo drops all around to finish off the layout. Here is the finished layout and a couple of close ups.



 
You can follow me at my IG page  https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and don’t forget to check out all the fabulous kits that are available this month!!!

No comments: