Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Zelda with the August Creative Kit !


Hi everyone, today I am sharing this adorable mixed media page created using the August Creative kit Oh Summertime by Pebbles Inc.
 Did you know that there are exclusive cut files available each month? You will find them on the home page in the add on section. I chose the cut file of a unicorn floatie created by Ashley Horton.
To create this layout, I started with plain white cardstock that I painted with clear gesso. While it was drying I used my Circuit to cut the unicorn cut file and backed it in the rainbow stripe paper and the green scale paper from the kit. For some added texture I glued some star sequins from my stash to the unicorns horn, mane and tail. Placing the unicorn on the page I traced in pencil where it would go so I would know where to add my mixed media.

 Now this is where it gets messy. I sprayed 3 inks on the background and then started to spray water on top to activate the inks. By lifting the background paper and moving it side to side I started to achieve the water movement I was going for. To help the process along I also used a paintbrush dipped in water to move the inks to certain areas, stopping to dry it in between layers and adding more mists of color and water where I thought it was needed. Once I was happy with the results I splattered the background with the same color inks. Now I'm not gonna lie this was my 3rd attempt at this background but hey you know what they say third times a charm 😉
Tip: save your mixed media backgrounds that you don't use for other projects. I used one as a card base on another project.




I had the perfect picture for this layout of my daughter and her friend while we were away on our 1st camping trip this summer. I had just bought a mermaid tail floatie at Walmart and they loved it and this picture captured that perfectly. I printed the photo so it would fit into the floatie and backed it with tissue paper along with a piece of stitched ephemera.


I chose the title pool party from the thickers that came with the kit which I placed to the top right of my photo. Then to finish my visual triangle I added a cluster of ephemera to the bottom right of my photo and to the far bottom left of the unicorn. Green thread was added behind the clusters and the picture for texture, then I placed some happy little summer sentiments beneath the picture and added a button to the sun.


To finish off the layout, I cut a half inch off from the top of my mixed media background and used the dark blue paper to border the top and bottom. I also cut a branding strip in half and adhered it to the top and bottom. Lots of beautiful rainbow colors and textures in this layout.


  Here are a few close ups. I hope this inspires you to get messy and try a mixed media background for your own layout.



 
You can follow me at my IG page  https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and don’t forget to check out all the fabulous kits that are available this month!!!

No comments: