Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Sketch Process with Yvette!

Hi My Creative Scrapbook Friends! Today, I am sharing two layouts with you using the September sketch.  I absolutely love working with sketches, it really helps in reducing my time spent planning out my placement. All I have to do is pick out my photo/photos, pattern papers, and embellishments and then decide if I'm going to use the sketch as is or take it in a different direction. 

For my first layout, I follow the sketch precisely, this is the fastest and easiest way to make a scrapbook layout.


Here's the September sketch! 


Gather my supplies....


I started my layout off by trimming down my white cardstock background and matting it on the Queen Bee patterned paper from the Wildflower and Honey collection. 


I then matted my photos with the reverse side of the Happy Spirit patterned paper and added some machine stitching around the perimeter to give it some additional texture and interest. 

      

Next, I added a strip of the Greenery patterned paper (reverse side) down the left hand side of the page and folded back the right hand corner of the white cardstock, so I can add a few layers of die cut pieces from the Ephemera pack.       


Add my matted photos.


I used stickers, die-cuts and chipboard from the Wildflower and Honey collection to embellish my layout by simply grouping them into clusters.  






Here's my second layout using the September sketch.


For this page I went in a totally different direction, by simply, using one photo and adding fussy cut flowers with a few embellishments in place of the patterned paper strip.  

  
I used the beautiful coral watercolor patterned paper for my background and arranged the fussy cut flowers by keeping them mainly to the center of the page.      


I love the stitching around the photos found on the sketch, so I recreate this by using a black pen to draw a frame around the outside of the photo!   


Start embellishing....




Sketches are packed with tons of inspiration and there are many ways to interpret them, so go ahead, have some fun and remember to share your projects with us on FB at My Creative Scrapbook Inspiration Center

If you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!


     Thanks for stopping by :) xx

   


No comments: