Monday, August 19, 2019

Hello Sunshine with Monique!

Hello friends, it's Monique here today sharing one of the layouts I created with the My Creative Scrapbook August Main kit. This is such a wonderful kit, filled with lots of product from the Spring Farmhouse collection from Simple Stories.

Here's the layout I made:


The photo is of my daughter and her best friend, taken during our vacation in Spain last spring.

Here's a step-by-step of how I created this layout.

I started by arranging everything I thought I would need on my desk:


I chose a sheet of white American Crafts cardstock for the background and from my stash I selected one of the chipboard hearts from Technique Tuesday to use as a template. These chipboard hearts have been in my stash since forever and I still use them a lot!


After drawing the heart I pierced a lot of holes following the pencil line:


Next I erased the pencil line and hand stitched the heart using a chain link stitch. I really love how this stitch adds a bit of extra texture to my layout.



When the stitching was finished I selected many of the flower die cuts and started filling in the stitched heart with them:


I started on the edge of the heart and slowly worked my way inwards:




I knew where I wanted to adhere the photo, so I didn't add any flowers in that spot:


Next I selected a journaling and a words die cut for the left side of the photo:


I chose some of the Crate Paper chipboards (also from the August Main Kit) for my title:


I decided to mat the entire layout on a sheet of pink chequered patterned paper and cut off a 1 cm strip of paper from all sides of the white cardstock. 

For the finishing touch I added a few punched strips of paper at the top and bottom of the layout, glued a few sequins randomly on my page, added a few paint drops and some machine stitching and I was done! Hope you like it! 

Here are a few close-ups of the finished page:




Thank you so much for visiting our blog! I hope I've inspired you to create something fun with this wonderful kit! Don't forget to show us by sharing your project on our facebook page "My Creative Scrapbook Inspiration Central"!

For more information about this kit (and the other 3 kits of this month) please visit the My Creative Scrapbook web site. For photos of all projects created by the design team with the various kit, please visit the Design Team Gallery.

Here's the photo of the August Main Kit I used:


Thanks again for stopping by! I really appreciate it! Wishing you happy crafting!

xoxo Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog / Pinterest

No comments: