Monday, June 17, 2019

Love with Zelda!


Hi everyone, today I’m sharing a wreath layout that was created using the June Main kit Vintage Botanicals by Simple Stories

 In the kit this month we received a cute wreath stamp set by Kelly Creates. 
To create this layout, each wreath was stamped multiple times on white card stock. The wreaths were then fussy cut and colored with watercolor pencils
For the background I used the scatter kindness paper #10476 a beautiful soft pink pattern with a cursive print. I hand cut a large circle in white cardstock which I placed in the center.
 
  Fussy cutting seems to be the theme of this layout. the doilies from the 2x2 element sheet were also cut out. To give the layout some dimension, foam squares were added to each doily, then backed onto some of the stamped wreaths.
The stamped wreaths are randomly placed around the edge of the circle creating a large wreath while adding in  bits and pieces of ephemera, stickers and chipboard to fill in any areas that needed it.  The bottom right of the wreath I added a flower and butterflies which I had fussy cut from the page Embrace life #10474
 I used the word Love from the chipboard stickers for my title. I then went in search for a photo for my layout. I normally always have a picture first then I create my layout, so this was something new and different for me. I choose an old photo of me with my sister on my first day of kindergarten which paired perfectly with this vintage paper. I backed my photo in some torn patterned papers, tucked it under the butterflies then added pink tangled thread and more chipboard stickers and ephemera.


  Here is my finished layout and a few close ups. I hope this inspires you to create a layout using some of your stamps.




 
You can follow me at my IG page  https://www.instagram.com/crazed4crafts/

2 comments:

Christine Kiehl said...

Wonderful layout. So many colorful details!

Zelda Smith said...

Thank you so much Christine 😊 for your kind words