Friday, March 1, 2019

Dry Embossing with Marielle!

Hello everyone, Marielle here today to share a quick tutorial on dry embossing with a stencil.
The February main kit includes this great plastic Confetti stencil from Heidi Swapp.

I loved working with this wonderful kit !


This is my finished card. I love these shades of blues and purples !



Step 1
Place stencil over white cardstock and adhere stencil with tape.

Step 2
Flip the stencil and cardstock over on the cutting plate of your favorite die cutting machine.


Step 3
Using the correct embossing mat and plates for your machine, run through machine to emboss your piece of cardstock.

Step 4
Here's a look at the embossed piece. I love adding texture to my projects !

Step 5
I created a tag for my card using the embossed circles only.

Step 6
I punched out a few of the larger circles and fussy cut the small hearts from the papers in the kit.

The process of finding the perfect placement of embellishment is always a long one for me. I always step back a look at everything and make changes that pleases my eye. 



 
Step 7
I machine stitched the hearts to the circles and added splats of white paint.


Step 8 
To finish my card, I adhered a few flowers, sentiment, twine and chipboard foliage.

Thanks for visiting the blog today. I hope you can find a bit of creative time to try this dry embossing technique on your next project.
Happy crafting !
Marielle






2 comments:

Katy said...

Pretty card! I love all the layers and colors you used. Thank you for sharing the dry embossing technique. I hadn't thought about that! :)

Monique Liedtke said...

Great idea Marielle!! Love your card!