Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Documenting Memories with Yvette!

Hi My Creative Scrapbook friends! Yvette here with you today to share a layout using this months gorgeous main kit. This kit is perfect for documenting any of your holiday or winter memories and I decided to document this fun photo of my son, sledding! 


I started by cutting out three squares from some white cardstock. The squares can be any size you choose to work with....larger or smaller....it's really depends on the size of your photo. My squares are all 4 1/2 inches.           


I then drew another square onto the white cardstock, leaving a 1/4 inch edge and cut the inside square out to create a frame. 
              

Here's a look at the frames created from the cardstock. ↴  


Next, I selected one of the beautiful patterned paper in the Simple Stories 'Simple Vintage Christmas' collection and use it to create another square (9").  Once I was happy with the placement of the frames, I used my sewing machine to add some stitching around the outside of each of the white cardstock frames.




The white cardstock frames was then glued, to fit inside of the framed stitching.  I then adhered a piece of black cardstock (slightly larger than the pattern paper) to the back and use a scissors to create a scallop edge all around the perimeter and really love how this turn out!          


I love the beautiful black & white text and plaid patterned papers in the 'Simple Vintage Christmas' collection and instead of using the boring white cardstock as my background I decided to use both the text and plaid paper to create a bit more interest and place them on an angle.        


I used some of chipboard stickers from Echo Park as well as a few stickers from Simple Stories 'Simple Vintage Christmas' collection to create a cluster in the bottom right hand corner of the photo. 


A cut file was use to create a title for my page.   


....and here are a couple of close-ups...



To finish the layout off I added a few more chipboard accent stickers around the page.


 I hope you felt inspired today and if you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!

                                                     Thanks for stopping by :) xx





No comments: