Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Card with Madeline!

Today I'm showing you step-by-step how to create a beautiful card using papers and embellishments from My Creative Scrapbooks September main kit.  

To begin, I chose a pretty color combination for my background, pink and forest green. I cut one of the papers slightly smaller than my kraft card base, the second slightly smaller than the first...


and layered like so:


Next I made two tags from additional papers in the kit, the black and white houndstooth and another forest green print,


then adhered them to the card:


A little fussy cutting here...


gave me this:


A few die-cuts were also gathered for the front of the card:

First I added the floral circle and "Thank You" sentiment:


Then I added the bunny, house, and heart:

 A bit of fluffy fiber finishes off those tags, and the card front nicely! But there's more to be done...


since I decided that the inside of the card should look just as nice as the outside. ;)

Another rectangle of pink patterned paper, a fussy cut floral, a small tag and green banner pieces come together on the inside...



To create a nice spot for writing and personalizing the card.


When everything goes together, it comes together effortlessly. And cards are the perfect way to use up all those little leftovers after creating layouts from your kits. Try it sometime!


No comments: