Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Good Day Sunshine with Monique!

Hello My Creative Scrapbook friends! It's Monique here sharing my July step-by-step tutorial using the Main Kit with amongst others all the lovely Echo Park "Good Day Sunshine" goodies!

This is the layout I created and I thought I'd show you how I made it. Don't you just love those happy colors & patterns?!


I started with the fun July cut files and decided to go with the umbrella cut file in the top right corner:


Using my Silhouette Cameo I cut the umbrella from the b-side of the Echo Park paper "Little Red Wagon":

I chose three patterned papers to back the umbrella, trying a few combinations first before deciding on these three:


The three left-over pieces from the umbrella cut file served as a template to hand cut around:


Love the result:


As I found the white cardstock a bit too white to serve as a background for my layout I sprayed some yellow and blue mist on my cardstock:


I started building my layout by creating a border on the left side, adding a few lines of typed journaling as well:


The umbrella came next:


After matting the photo I decided it should go at the bottom of the umbrella. I chose a few stickers and chipboards and punched two flowers to add to the photo. On top of the umbrella I adhered two chipboards as well:


I love the Dear Lizzy alphabet stamp set that is included in this kit and used it to stamp the title on my page:


And for the finishing touch I used the sewing machine:


Really loving how this turned out.

Here are a few close-ups of my page:




This is it! Hope you like it!

Here's the photo of the July Main Kit. If you wish to read more about it or how you can secure one for yourself then please visit the MCS website.


Thank you so much for stopping by! Happy scrapping!
xoxo
Monique

You can find more of my work here: Instagram / Blog

No comments: