Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Hand Stitching with Yvette!

Hello My Creative Scrapbook Fans!  Yvette here, and today I have a fun page I want to share, created with the gorgeous June main kit!  


I started by selecting the patterned papers I wanted to use on my layout (I decided later not to use the blue strip paper;) along with a Die-Cut heart, some white floss for my hand-stitching and a chevron template, created from white cardstock.  


Next, using the chevron template I started tracing the design onto each of the patterned papers and cut them out using a scissors or a craft knife.   
   


Once I had everything arranged as I like it, I then adhere the Die-cuts hearts and all of the chevrons onto a 12x12 white cardstock.  


Instead of filling the entire background with the pattern paper chevrons and hearts.  I decide to add some texture with some hand-stitching. I use a paper piercing tool to piece holes all around the chevron template and added some simple backstitching using white embroidery floss.        




I also use the 1 canoe 2 Twilight stamp set to create a few flowers to place on top the Die-Cut hearts.


Here are a few close-ups... 


Added a few fussy cut butterflies, a cluster of flowers as well as a few vellum die-cut stems around the page.


 I couldn't help myself from adding some more stitching to my layout :))))  I did this by adding the stitching directly to the top of the hearts and the chevrons.     

I hope I inspired you today to create something beautiful using the June main kit!

   If you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!

Thanks for stopping by :) xx



No comments: