Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tags with Aimee!


Hello friends! Aimee here with you to show a simple tag tutorial! I love adding tags to my layouts and cards so I wanted to share my thought process on creating some great tags.

For the first tag, I wanted to use that great Heidi Swapp Minc circular stencil that comes in the April creative kit. I have been on a kick of watching all of the great Jennifer McGuire YouTube videos...she is amazing when it comes to stamps, inks, and stencils!! I was completely wowed when I saw her "Rotating Stencils" video (click here to see) and knew I had to try it! 

I pulled out my Distress Oxide ink pads in the colors of Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick and my Moonlight White pigment ink pad. I started off with a 4" x 6" piece of smooth white cardstock and followed Jennifer's instructions from the video. I used the darker color first and ended up with the white as the top layer. After the inks were dry I cut my paper into a tag.


Here is a look at the 3 tags bases before I added embellishments...


Here is a close up of the tag that I used the Rotating Stencil technique on. I used 2 strips of washi tape on the bottom but one of the pieces I cut in half length wise. The "choose joy" piece is from the ephemera pack that comes with the kit.


The next 2 tags were just pattern papers for the base tag and embellishments from the Creative kit.



And here are the projects that I used my tags on...




I hope this tutorial gets those creative juices flowing and gets you to creating some tags of your own using any one of the beautiful Spring themed from My Creative Scrapbook.

Aimee



No comments: