Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Walk through with Aimee!


Hello friends! Aimee here with you today and I have a fun step by step tutorial for you! I love all of the beautiful flowery papers and spring inspired embellishments in this month's creative kit! It was the perfect kit to document my daughter and her friends getting together to do each other's make up and hair.



I used the fabulous March Creative kit for this layout...


The first thing I did for this layout is apply a few of the rub-ons onto a sheet of smooth white cardstock and cut them out. With them having a white background, I can place them anywhere on a layout or card.


I wanted my layout to have a splash of color so I added some Gesso and aqua blue paint in a circular motion using a make up sponge to the white cardstock.


I layered my picture with a couple of beautiful patterned papers...


and used some pop dots on the back so it would raise my picture up and I could place some of the chipboard pieces behind it on my layout.


Next, I placed my picture onto the layout, added those beautiful flower chipboard pieces and my title.


Next came the rub-on pieces that I added to white cardstock.


For the bottom corner, I trimmed the bottom off of the Love sticker and added one of the brads. Then layered it with the flower and tag stickers.


Here are a few close up shots of all the layers I was able to achieve with all of the fun embellishments from the kit.




Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that it gives you many ideas of  fun layouts you can create with your creative kit!

No comments: