Monday, February 19, 2018

Sketch Fun with Yvette!


Hi My Creative Scrapbook Fans!!!  Today I'm sharing a step by step tutorial that I created using the February sketch! 

 

Here's a look at the fabulous sketch designed by Laura



I started my layout off by using a small plate to create a circle. Once I had the circle cut out, I added some machine stitching around the perimeter and then adhere the circle onto my white cardstock base.   



I popped my photo up with foam tape adhesive for some added dimension and add the strips of patterned papers to the bottom of my page as shown in the sketch.      


Next, the embellishments. I chose a couple of larger cardstock shapes from the ephemera pack and arrange them on the left hand side of the photo.  Next, I move down to the bottom of the page and create a smaller cluster using a couple of ephemera pieces.  I also added this cute button I had in my stash, to the center of the flower.


At this point, I felt like something was missing.  The area at the back of the circle needed a pop of color, so I decided to use a one inch circle punch to make several smallest circles, which created this beautiful scalloped border...how I'm happy:))))
  


Also included in this month's main kit a package of foil & foam phrase stickers, perfect for using as titles. So as so as I saw the Best Friend phrase I knew I wanted to document this photo of my sweet and dearest friend Maria. Our friendship started over 25 years age when we met while working for the same Dentist:)))


To finish the layout off I added some paint spatter and a few gold sequins around the page.

Thanks for stopping by :) Yvette xx

I hope you felt inspired today and if you're not a subscriber yet, give it a try. The kits are all so beautiful and you will not regret it!!!!


No comments: