Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Process Video with Laura!

Hi there!  

I am sharing another layout and process video with you today, using the November main kit from My Creative Scrapbook!  The kit is amazing, featuring goodies from Simple Stories "Vintage Blessings" collection, I know you will love it! I really enjoyed creating with is for both Fall and everyday layouts!
 

Last week, I shared a Fall layout so today I am sharing an everyday layout.  I loved the little houses in the kit and paired a pretty one with the word "home" from the Jen Hadfield stickers that were also included in the kit for this layout.  I was further inspired by the vintage roses from this collection for this page, but wanted to keep things from being too heavy so I opted to use the stickers opposed to the patterned paper, which felt much heavier to me.  I think I achieved a more modern take on the vintage rose.


These gold words are so gorgeous, they have shimmer but not too much! The small flower and heart stickers fill in the trapped space I created and also serve as my third embellishment cluster.


I used minimal pattern on my layout, which helped to keep it clean looking and not too heavy, opting instead to add the pattern to the back of my page in the form of the pretty pink polka dots.

I did use pattern in the form of that scalloped border sticker and a very narrow strip of striped paper which sandwich the lace that came in the kit.  If you look closely you can see that I added some gold stitching here and around my page.

I stacked phrase stickers and tucked in a rose sticker to create my first cluster.


My second cluster was created by layering a sticker onto a DIY tag and tucking in a couple of chipboard pieces.

You can view my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here!


Supply List: Simple Stories Vintage Blessings patterned paper (gather together, 4x4 elements, 3x4 journaling elements), 4x6 stickers, chipboard pieces, cardstock stickers, bits and pieces; lace; Jen Hadfield Home+Made foil phrase stickers; Jillibean Soup buttons. (From my stash) American Crafts cardstock; misc thread; Tim Holtz 'gathered twig' distress marker; crochet thread..

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: