Friday, September 29, 2017

Snuggle with Laura!

Hey there!  It’s Laura back sharing my last layout and process video using the fabulous September main kit from My Creative Scrapbook!


As you well know by now, the kit features gorgeous elements from the Jen Hadfield "Heart of Home" collection which of course makes it super homey and sweet!  My son snapped this picture of my grandson napping with our puppy when he was here visiting and it was so darn cute I just had to make a page for it. This puppy is friendly to a fault and ironically our grandson likes our dog that is more aloof much better.  I don't even think he was aware she snuck up and snuggled into him while he was sleeping!


I opted for a split design, mimicking the same layers on both side of my page, but using one set to house my photo and the other to house my title.  I also added a bit of journaling under my title.


Along with my pink, green and brown layers I wanted to add some pops of blue.  So I pulled out the few embellishments that had a bit of blue in them and tucked them into my layout.  For another hit of blue, I added some water colour paint to the butterfly die cut. I think it turned out so pretty!


I also added some splatters of gold mist and blue water colour paint to my background.  They are such a pretty combination of colours and finishes. Oh and I did a bit of stenciling too! 

You can view my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here, to see how I went about creating this page!


Supply List: (from the kit) Jen Hadfield "Heart of Home" patterned papers (Forest Botanical, Love of Home, Bless the Nest, Gatherings), ephemera, and accents stickers; Amy Tangerine Goodness" Thickers. (other) American Crafts white cardstock; Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine; misc. pink thread; Annie's white crochet thread; Tim Holtz "old paper" Distress Ink; Leow's water colour paints; Tim Holtz "gathered twigs" Distress Marker; Heidi Swapp stencil.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: