Thursday, August 31, 2017

Come take a peek into Laura's Scrap Space!

Scrap Space Feature Is 
Please come take a peek into her design space! She is sharing her tips and space with you all.

Hey there!  It’s Laura here today sharing my scrap space!  I don't know about you, but I love looking at the spaces of other crafters.  I love getting storage ideas, furniture layout ideas - even ideas on the types of furniture other crafters use.  I just love scrappy spaces in general!  I used to have my own scrap room, but I gave it up about a year or so ago, and now create in our family room.  There are pros and cons to this, the pros definitely out weigh the cons though. The biggest pro is that I am closer to the family so we can all hang out together even if we are doing different things, which means guilt free crafting!  The only real con, is feeling like I need to keep my space fairly tidy most of the time. Although, if truth be told, I am the only one that cares!


Here is a view of my work space, it sits along the left wall of our family room (left of the tv viewing area).  The desk areas measure about 10 feet long, which should be plenty of space - but you know us crafters usually never have enough!  I have a thing about cords hanging everywhere, so I made little skirts to hang under my desk to help hide them.

These drawers aren't quite 12 inches wide, which is a bit of a bummer, but they are really long and hold a ton.  I was able to make them work for me and I am really happy with them.

I would really like to create a slipcover for my chair one day, but it never seems to happen.

I usually craft where my computer is sitting.


This is a view from the other side of the space, I have two Kallax units and a large IKEA Pax armoire to store larger items.


I have really great under cabinet lighting, which makes my space nice and bright even when all of the lights are turned of in the rest of the room.  They are one of my favourite features.

You can see my hanging "tripod" above my computer, which I use for making process videos.


This pull out shelf in the armoire is my most favourite feature, it houses my Silhouette and photo printer.  The ability to pull it out means the paper being cut in the Silhouette has plenty of space to move forward and backward.  I picked up extra long usb cables from Amazon, which will reach all the way over to my computer.

You can watch my full scrap space video, that includes information on how I store my various scrap stuff, below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: