Friday, August 11, 2017

Adventure Apprehension by Laura

Hi there!

Laura here sharing another layout and process video, created using the August main kit. I gave myself many challenges for this kit, in my last layout I challenged myself to use a large photo, for today's page I am using some older photos from a cruise we took.  I ran out of steam for the album, I think in part because I used the same collection for what I had competed thus far in the album.  Using new goodies made it exciting again!  The second challenge to myself was to use the large cut apart sheet, as I often opt for the "B" side of these types of papers.


Even though, these aren't your typical cute cruise pics, I really wanted to document this story.  Our youngest was decidedly nervous when it came time to board the ship!  I managed to capture his emotions fairly well in these photos.


As you can see I used one of the 2x12 cut apart pieces on my page, including it as part of my title.  I used my Silhouette to cut out the second half of my title.


Because this design is a little out of my norm, it felt a little awkward and the title seemed overwhelming.  So I wrapped embellishments all around my photos to ensure that is where the focus went.


I used lots of the Echo Park "Boarding Pass" goodies to create some clusters and layers.


My journalling could have been a little tidier but I am glad that I captured the story.

You can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: (From the Kit) Echo Park "Go See Explore" patterned papers {Let's Fly Away, Border Strips, You Got a Postcard, Let's Pack and Go}, sticker elements and chipboard elements;.  (From my stash) crochet thread, Sharpie pen.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: