Thursday, June 8, 2017

Process Video with Laura!

Hi there! I am back sharing another layout for My Creative Scrapbook, along with a process video! As you probably have read by now, the June main kit for My Creative Scrapbook features a lot of the Fancy Pants "Family & Co." collection, which is super awesome!  I love the fun colours and the versatility of it.  It inspired me to document many different types of themes, just from one kit!

For today's page I combined some of the free cut files that are available on the My Creative Scrapbook website, along with a before and after photo of some renovations we are doing on our family room.  I have been meaning to document some of the renovations we are doing on our house and this kit prompted me to finally start!


I opted to use this pretty blue striped paper as a background and pulled in lots of pops of red onto my page via patterned paper and accents.  The red was inspired by the "after" photo as red is our accent colour in this room.

I also decided to go with a linear central focal area so that I could play with two photos and these fun cut files!


I combined a die cut with the Jillibean Soup alphas stickers to create my title, I love the way it looks - as you know I am a huge fan of titles with more than one font. I coloured the alphas with a red Copic marker to colour match them.


My journalling was typed up on my WRMK typewriter and then cut into strips, it takes up a little more room than I had hoped, but I am glad it is on the page none the less.


I had a little tongue in cheek fun with these die cuts and puffy stickers from the kit, documenting my true feelings of the before and after photos!


I used some of the packaging to make this pretty striped tag, and adorned it with some rustic twine, which was also included in the kit.


Final steps included doodling around the die cut houses and adding some mists.

As I mentioned, I have a process video for this page, you can watch my process video below or on my You-Tube channel here.


Supply List: (From the Kit) Fancy Pants "Family & Co." patterned papers {love at home, all together, our house},die cuts, puffy stickers and chipboard stickers; Jillibean Soup "Souper Celebration" label stickers; twine; MCS cut file. (From my stash) American Crafts and Staples cardstock; Mr. Huey's white mist; Heidi Swapp gold color shine; Shimmerz "Oh Say Can U Sea" mist; black Sharpie pen; Copic R24; WRMK typewriter; brown Staedtler pen.

Thanks so much for visiting today!
Laura
xo

No comments: