Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Epic Success by Madeline!

Good morning! Today I have a step-by-step tutorial for my page, Epic Success, created with My Creative Scrapbooks' Main kit for June.


As you can see, I drew inspiration from my page from the patterned paper below, one of the kit papers from the Fancy Pants' Family And Co. collection:


I loved those color-blocked stars and decided to make a similar star the focal point of my design. Using a piece of 12x12 paper, I sketched a five-pointed star to use as my template. Then, to make assembling the star easier, I numbered each segment and the corresponding side of the center section. 


After cutting apart the star, I traced each section on various patterned papers from the kit.


Here are my colorful star pieces, placed upon a grid-design background paper from my stash.


Next, I have a photo and a frame but, uh-oh, my picture was cropped too small!


That wasn't a problem for long...as I backed the frame with patterned paper, 


and placed my photo askew on top! It actually sets off the photo better than if it fit perfectly. ;)


Did you notice what has changed?! Before adhering the papers, I switched around two of the star's rays, so that a more solid pattern was on top. This strategic move was intended help my title stand out better when it is added to the upper portion of the layout.


Meanwhile, I added a few die-cuts around the photo frame and at the bottom of the star,


and placed several puffy banner stickers along a hand-drawn "clothesline" of sorts:


Finally, a long title was added using a Fancy Pants chipboard sticker, Jillibean Soup tiny letter stickers, and Fancy Pants chipboard alphabet, all three a part of the June Main kit. Pretty epic!


A bit of journaling, and a couple more stickers, finishes it off. Sweet!


Tell me, what inspires your page designs? Have patterned papers or kit accessories sparked an idea for you lately? I love when that happens! 






No comments: